LOCATION: Sydney or elsewhere in NSW
YOUR COMMITMENT: 3-5 hours per week (flexibly distributed around existing life, work, etc. commitments).
REPORTS TO: Director of Organising (Sonia Sofat)
This is a volunteer role. Reimbursements available for associated expenses.
As a NSW Organiser, you’ll be a core part of the Democracy in Colour team in NSW – contributing to the design and implementation of campaign plans, developing engagement strategies and building relationships that strengthen the political power of communities of colour in NSW . This includes:
Strategy development and implementation
- Create and implement an ambitious NSW strategy that builds power for communities of colour
- Implement growth plans of our NSW membership in both depth and breadth
Engagement and outreach
- Actively seek out strategic opportunities to engage and support communities of colour in NSW
- Identify leaders and support them through Democracy in Colour’s supporter journey
- Implement processes to ensure that activists and leaders in NSW are supported in an ongoing way
- Keep up to date on political trends in NSW specifically affecting communities of colour, conduct research and prepare background/briefing documents where necessary
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Experience with grassroots and/or digital campaigning
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities,
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deep passion for racial justice and a world where the inherent worth and dignity of everyone is recognised
- Commitment to diversity, equity and anti-oppression
To apply, please send a short expression of interest to Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- What interest do you have in this role?
- What qualities, skills and experience would you bring to this role?