As the Racial Justice Campaigner, you’ll work on all of Democracy in Colour’s racial justice campaigns – designing and implementing campaign plans, developing engagement strategies, and building relationships that strengthen the political power of communities of colour.
- Develop and execute ambitious, high impact, well researched campaigns that build power for communities of colour, align with our theory of change and reflect current social, political and economic realities
- Drive rapid response campaigns in the racial justice space that respond strategically to breaking news for maximum exposure, impact and growth
- Innovate new strategies and tactics that empower people of colour to have a real impact on policy, politics, corporations, society and elections
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, community outreach and engagement, key message development, and communication planning and execution
- Analyse political trends affecting target communities of colour, conduct research and prepare background/briefing documents
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies to engage people of colour with our campaigns, programs and events
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key community leaders, decision makers, partner organisations, and other stakeholders
- Develop partnerships and coalitions that position Democracy in Colour as an ally and key player across the racial justice movement
Please note this is a volunteer role.
To apply, please send why you want to volunteer and your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.