A powerful, winning movement requires trained, resourced and committed change makers. As the Training Officer, you’ll help drive Democracy in Colour’s training programs to build the capacity of our communities and empower people of colour to win the fights that matter to them.
- Help build and lead a best-in-class training program that develops the leadership, organising and campaigning skills of thousands of people of colour
- Design capacity building initiatives that support the leadership of those most impacted by injustice
- Manage our training curriculum, employing best practice pedagogy while spearheading new training techniques that push the envelope
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies to engage people of colour with our training programs
- Design, source and manage training materials
- Identify, recruit, train and support a cohort of trainers
- Facilitate training workshops
- Manage ongoing tracking, evaluation and iteration of our training curriculum
- Help develop partnerships that strengthen our programs work
- Support with fundraising for our programs work (e.g. grant writing/reporting, major donor relationship development, etc.)
- Contribute to the growth of our Indigenous membership in both depth and breadth
- Build Democracy in Colour’s public profile and be a spokesperson on Indigenous issues to the media, decision makers and other organisations
- Embody steward leadership – make decisions that always advance the priorities of our membership
Please note this is a volunteer role.
To apply, please send why you want to volunteer and your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.