LOCATION: Sydney or Melbourne
YOUR COMMITMENT: 2-4 hours per week (flexibly distributed around existing life, work, etc. commitments).
REPORTS TO: Director of Organising
This is a volunteer role. Reimbursements available for associated expenses.
As the Volunteer Coordinator, you’ll be a core part of the Democracy in Colour team contributing to the design and implementation of our volunteer engagement strategies, and strengthening the power of the organisation and communities of colour around Australia. This includes:
- Developing a strong volunteer recruitment and engagement strategy to grow the movement
- Supporting teams within Democracy in Colour to provide a strong and supportive volunteering environment
- Set up onboarding and induction processes
- Running introduction and induction sessions via webinar or face to face
- Data management of volunteer information
Core Skills and Knowledge
- Passion for racial justice and a world where the inherent worth and dignity of everyone is recognised
- Experience in recruiting and inducting volunteers
- Experience building and participating in a strong volunteer culture
- Strong communication and people skills
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and anti-oppression
To apply, please send a short expression of interest to Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- What interest do you have in this role?
- What qualities, skills and experience would you bring to this role?