YOUR COMMITMENT: Approx 5 hours per week (flexibly distributed around existing life, work, etc. commitments).
REPORTS TO: Workshop Developer and Facilitator (Elsa)
This is a volunteer role. Reimbursements available for associated expenses. Likely paid hours available in future.
Our training module is currently in development, and we are looking for someone who is creative and passionate about the creation and delivery of these workshops. The workshop structure is delivered as a trivia challenge, with participants in teams, and a facilitator leading discussions to further the group’s understanding of race and racism.
Training program design
- Assist in the development and refinement of workshop content
- Assist with the design and documentation of training materials
- Provide feedback and creative solutions for workshop content
- Assisting in the creation of new workshop content in future
Training program implementation
- Facilitate workshop sessions with groups
- Manage ongoing tracking, evaluation and iteration of our training curriculum
- Be involved with engaging potential relationships with organisations interested in undertaking training
Technical skills, experience and knowledge
- Able to assess the training needs of an audience and subsequently adjust content to meet these needs
- Interest in writing curriculum and delivering engaging, participatory and experiential training sessions
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities
- Understanding of racial justice theory and the politics around race/racism in Australia
- Strong written and oral communication skills – the ability to convey complex issues in simple, engaging terms that make sense to everyday people, grab attention and inspire participation
- Experience in facilitation is a bonus! However training may be available.
To apply, please send a short expression of interest to Elsa at email@example.com, telling us:
- What interest do you have in this role?
- What qualities, skills and experience would you bring to this role?
Look forward to hearing from you!